Friday, June 30, 2006

Thursday


I finally took pictures of my new bike! My Mom, Mark, Denise, Joey, and Ross all worked together to get me this beaut. I love it. I got a lot of things for gradmation. Money, books, art, a ring, herb garden, etc etc etc.
An old man said "that's a nice looking bike" I think he wanted to either mug me, or expected me to hand it over. Can't trust the elders sometimes. What is this world coming to.



mm.
This other picture, is the skin of Ross's tarantula, Bill. apparently, he or she wasn't eating because he or she was molting. We now think it's a girl, which means that she will live for like forty years. I will post a different picture later, of her new skin color. Black with brown hairs.


It's pretty crazy!

A note about my day? Why yes. I was fortunate enough to listen to a wonderful conversation between several local morons. Sitting in the humble coffee shop across the street from the humble de anza college where a humble coffee shop worker sang a humble song regarding "punani", I overheard the humble conversation between another humble coffee shop worker, and what seemed to be some entrepeneurs of some kind. Basically the gent from the coffee shop was saying how popular his band is now all due to Myspace. "Myspace is totally great you know, I mean, we have a following now" and the older men just thought this was spectacular. I, thought otherwise, being cynical at that moment since it was only ten A.M.

I thought, yea right, these people all just add to whoever they have even the slightest common interest with in hopes that they themselves will have higher friend count, or "following". It's all one big popularity game, with your "friends" as the trading cards. More so, a site for advertising, as this humble young man explained. Myspace was originally for friends, and posting to eachother, but it became something where we listed our interests so that advertisers could reach us easier, and there is no getting away from it. I'm not entirely opposed to being informed of new bands, but, don't you think that should go on another site, that I could choose to belong to? the example of "bay raves" was that it was a website with the ability to post. So you go there specifically to chat about music and parties, get new music, go to new parties, or look at the listings of new or favorite albums, etc. Netflix is another example, you go there FOR movies and it tells you about more you might like. Perfectly acceptable, since i voluntarily went there with the intentions of finding a movie. But when I'm posting back to someone who posted to me because they saw me driving or something, and I am flooded with ads, mostly half-naked, of things that I don't even want, or want to look at? Lame.... I'll just email the person.



Guess that all just fell out. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home