Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm annoyed now....

Since PICASA is going through this little puberty bitchfest right now, where it's making all these changes, it totally didn't even notice that I had typed a damn thing in the box and deleted about 6 paragraphs of post. Though I love all the new shit picasa can do, I hope they hurry up and get it right. All I want is my blog function to work properly, and not have some suprise deletion waiting for me. I guess this exposes me trusting the machine too much, I should copy the post before I submit it because this is occurrence number two.

be forewarned, protect yourself people...

So I'm going to try to get the post as close to what it was before... though I'll know deep down, it's just not the same!

So this is the shirt that I did today. It's a tribute to my old addiction, TETRIS. I used to play this game a lot, I mean a lot, like nobody's business. now, I still play but not as much, I mean, I have to pay rent.... So, this shirt is paying respects to the artifact that first introduced me to the fine game of tetris, the original gameboy. Yes i said artifact and that's what I named this shirt because this toy/tool is pretty old in comparison to what's out and about now.

I even included the lil russian spires that are in the background of the intro to the game, and later in the background of the game. Falling pieces and a gameboy stencil, bam. My two dollar t-shirt. Got some T's on sale this weekend, tons o colors. I tried to make this one look really..un perfect. Lots of little errors, some were on accident....haha...

So the next thing i spoke of in my *late* post, was this incident that happened to Jenfa.

First, a lil background. Jen and Sarah came up hither last week to spend some time in ye old s.cruz. After a night of fun and beer at the boardwalk with a lot of other peeps, we departed, and they returned the next day for some beach fun. Which was a lot of fun because I haven't gone in the water this much in a long time up here, because the water is cold. It's not so bad after the shoulders, and after a beverage. Jen came back up this weekend, we made pizzas, played at the beach, fun fun in the sun.

So today, jen tells me this happened: (Jen is a dental hygenist) She got cut from one of the instruments that was being used in the mouth of a patient. Which sums up to, if this patient had a lil somethin somethin, and Jen had a lil open wound, bam. disease ahoy. So, naturally, Jen was concerned.

Well the doc, her boss, told her not to worry, the patient was a "young white girl from los altos, she's fine". Several things wrong here, one, diseases don't discriminate in the way this man does. Stereotypes a plenty for this doc. Two, these are people, and he should be a lot more responsible and professional about this.

I'm not really concerned that Jen has something, because they are usually aware when a patient has something, for safety reasons (as this), but I am concerned about the uncaring beast that pays her. He should have had her go to the doc to get tested. she says she is going to anyway, and she says that he didn't want her to do it because he doesn't want this on ye olde workmens comp file. bastard! He knew the risks of his operation before he opened up shop, and if he wants to stay open then he'll follow the rules that workers before us fought long and hard and lost jobs just to get! We are lucky the law is on her side here.....

.....even though it's probably fine.


I said other semi-entertaining things but they're gone now... I've learned my lesson...
More tommorrow.


Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Jimma said...

that shirts friggin awesome!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger E. M. Keane said...

brilliant!
^_^

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Disco Jess said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home