Thursday, July 27, 2006


So what i was going to write about a few days ago, is this lil jem i worked on this week. there are 30 cranes on this shirt. Though the number of cranes has no real relevance to anything, i wish it did, the crane has randomly become a symbol in my life.

I started folding origami (besides childhood) when I was about 19, and randomly fell upon (literally) a book of origami at the bookstore. Intrigued, i racked it on my credit card tally and took it home. From then on, my love of paper and it's uses grew, and the crane is like the house music of paper folding. You may like all kinds of other things, but you always come back to the classic. With electronic music, no matter how many different styles are my favorite, house is always there. With cranes, it's always the one my hands can do in my sleep and still looks great. It's always there.

Granted the above paragraph was probably the nerdiest thing I've written in a while, or at least a few days, but I don't give a f**k... hahaha.

Been craving going back to "parties" lately. Just to go out and dance. Bars are cool to go to, but there isn't always a healthy amount of dancing. Clubs, they seem to have such a status going for them, well most anyway. dress a certain way or get out, etc. So it's back to parties, day parties, and weeknight clubs that have been rented by local DJ's. haha.. let the good times roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home